We strongly recommend that you ensure that you have adequate breakdown cover in order to ensure that you are not left standing by the roadside in the unfortunate event of a breakdown. We consider it absolutely essential to take out breakdown cover in the event that you intend taking the vehicle abroad.
The engine oil level, coolant level and tyre pressures should be checked on a weekly basis and certainly before any long journeys are undertaken. If the journey is likely to take several hours, then we would suggest regular breaks to give both yourself and the vehicle time to rest.
This is a used motor vehicle, which will inevitably show signs of general deterioration commensurate with previous use. It is your responsibility to check the vehicle, prior to purchase, to ensure that it is suitable for your needs, and meets your expectations. We cannot reasonably consider ourselves responsible for any issues that were, or ought to have been noticed during a pre-purchase inspection.
It is essential that you pay careful attention to the gauges and warning lights on the vehicle. Any drop in oil pressure or increase in oil or water temperature means that you should stop the vehicle immediately. Significant damage can be caused in a very short period of time. We cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur that could reasonably have been avoided.
Diesel Particulate Filters
If you are buying a diesel car and plan to use it mainly for town-based, stop/start driving fitted with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) this can result in incomplete 'DPF regeneration'.
Diesel Particulate filters (DPF) or 'traps' do just that, they catch bits of soot in the exhaust.
As with any filter they have to be emptied regularly to maintain performance. For a DPF this process is called 'regeneration' – the collected soot is burnt off at high temperature to leave only a tiny ash residue.
Regeneration takes place automatically on motorway-type runs when the exhaust temperature is high.
If the regeneration is unsuccessful the vehicle may use extra fuel, and the fuel injected will not burn and will drain into the sump. Oil quality will deteriorate as a result of this and the level will rise. It is important that you check that the oil level does not increase above the maximum level on the dipstick as diesel engines can run on excess engine oil – often to the point of destruction.
If you ignore the warning light and keep driving in a relatively slow, stop/start pattern, soot loading will continue to build up until around 75% when you can expect to see other dashboard warning lights come on too. At this point driving at speed alone will not be enough and you will have to take the car to a main dealer for regeneration.
A timing belt, timing chain or cam belt is a part of an internal combustion engine that synchronizes the rotation of the crankshaft and the camshaft so that the engine's valves open and close at the proper times during each cylinder's intake and exhaust strokes. An auxiliary belt drives additional engine and vehicle components such as alternator, water pump, oil pump, power steering, air-conditioning.
it is the customer’s responsibility to change the belt following the manufacturers guidelines after purchase, if the belt has not already been changed as per manufacturers guidelines prior to your purchase. Failure to do so can lead to major engine damage that could have been avoided, any engine damage due to failure is solely the customers responsibility due to failure to follow advised maintenance.
We have provided a mechanical breakdown warranty for your peace of mind. Please do not forget that it is a condition of the warranty that you should contact the Administrator before arranging for any work to be carried out.
- Where the Customer is a Consumer, nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods.
- Where the Customer is acting otherwise than as a consumer then these terms and conditions form the entire agreement between the Dealer and the Customer. Any other terms or conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- This website is an invitation to treat, and nothing on this website shall be construed as a unilateral offer by V12 Sports and Classics Limited (“V12”) to enter into any contractual obligations.
- V12 cannot be considered liable for any recommendation made by any third party, or external source of information. The Customer must check with the sales team if there are any aspects of the specification which may particularly influence their decision to purchase.
- It is an express term of this agreement, that, prior to entering into the agreement, the Customer has examined the Goods to be purchased, and is satisfied that they are of satisfactory quality, and reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are required. The Customer is reminded that the condition of satisfactory quality implied by legislation does not operate in relation to such defects which such an examination ought to reveal. If the Goods are sold subject to defects and have been notified by V12 to the Customer before the signing of the contract, the condition of satisfactory quality referred to above does not operate in relation to those defects.
- The Customer accordingly confirms that it has satisfied itself as to the suitability of the Goods for its requirements and has not relied upon V12's skill or knowledge regarding the Goods' fitness for any particular purpose or use.
- Any order and any allowance in respect of a motor vehicle offered in part exchange by the Customer is subject to written acceptance by the Dealer.
- The Dealer will retain ownership of the goods until they have been paid for. Responsibility for looking after the goods becomes the customer’s responsibility on delivery or payment, whichever is the sooner.
- Any estimated date quoted for delivery of the goods is only approximate. The Dealer shall not be liable for delay or failure in delivery of the goods which is beyond its control.
- In the event that V12 is unable to fulfil the order, it will be entitled to cancel the order. In such instances any liability will be limited to refunding the customer for all payments received.
- If the Dealer fails to deliver the goods within 21 days of the estimated date of delivery stated in this contract the Customer may by notice in writing to the Dealer, require delivery of the goods within 7 days of receipt of such notice. If the goods are not delivered to the Customer within the 7 days the contract shall be cancelled. If the contract is cancelled any deposit paid shall be returned and the Dealer shall be under no further liability.
- Where required Delivery will be to an address within the UK nominated by the Customer subject to reasonable security and identification checks. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide adequate information for the carrier to find the address. The customer agrees to indemnify V12 against any costs that it may incur as a result of non-delivery as a result of inaccurate or inadequate instructions.
- Confirmation of delivery from the carrier will be presumed to constitute conclusive proof of delivery
- V12 shall not be considered liable in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence or abnormal working conditions (including track use).
- In all other circumstances, cancellation will only be accepted at the discretion of V12, and subject to payment of all reasonably resulting costs and/or losses.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to return the vehicle to V12 for any repair or refund that may be agreed.
- Any agreement for the Dealer to purchase a vehicle or other goods in part exchange is subject to the following;
- The part exchange goods must be the sole property of the Customer, and the Customer must be entitled to sell them.
- The part exchange goods must be delivered in the same condition and with the same features, as when they were examined by the Dealer.
- If these conditions are not met, the Dealer will not accept the Customers used motor vehicle and the Customer will pay the full price for the vehicle ordered.
- If delivery of the goods is delayed through no fault of the Dealer they will deduct an amount for depreciation of the part exchange goods. This amount will not exceed 2.5% of the agreed value of the part exchange goods for each complete 30 day period.
- If the goods to be supplied by the seller are new the following provisions shall have effect:
- The goods supplied will comply with the description or model designation assigned by the manufacturer. Any aspects of the detailed model specification which are particularly important must be recorded on the Order form.
- If after the date of this order and before the delivery of the goods to the purchaser the recommended price for the goods increases, the Customer will be notified of the amount of the increase the Dealer intends to pass on to the Customer. The customer can cancel the contract within 14 days of receipt by him of such notice, failing which such increase shall be added to the contract price for the goods.
- These terms and conditions govern the entire contract between V12 and the customer. All other rights are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Should any of these terms and conditions be held to be unenforceable in whole, or in part, then the remainder will remain valid.
- This contract is governed by the prevailing law in England & Wales.
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
If we deliver a car to a private customer (not a business) without meeting them face to face the sale will be governed by these regulations. This gives you certain rights that are explained below.
A vehicle may at any time become subject to a Manufacturer’s Recall. All work necessary to carry out these recalls will usually be undertaken by the vehicle manufacturer’s main dealer network at no cost to the vehicle owner. All our vehicles are checked during the preparation process for outstanding manufacturer’s recalls and details are recorded in the AA Inspection Report. Please refer to your vehicle AA documents for details and contact your local main dealer for further information.
Mileage and Condition:
On collection the car must not have traveled more than 10 miles since delivery and must be in the same condition as it was when delivered. Any deterioration recorded at the time of collection will be valued when the car arrives at the Company's premises and details of these costs will be notified to you. Excess mileage above the 10 miles will be charged at 10% of the vehicle purchase value per 100 miles or part thereof.
Your refund will be executed in the same way that payment was made originally by you and will be made within 30 days following delivery.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you receive from us, you can contact us as detailed below.
What is a complaint?
V12 Sports and Classics Ltd defines a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction with the products/services provided by V12 Sports and Classics Ltd.
How to make a complaint
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at V12 Sports and Classics Ltd
Unit 23 Harrow Brook Road
Harrow Brook Industrial Estate
When you contact us, please give us full details and include information (if you have it) about the part of V12 Sports and Classics Ltd that you feel provided a dissatisfactory service. We aim to respond to you within 48 working hours.
What happens next
If you complain in writing, we aim to respond within 48 working hours. If it is not possible to give you a full reply within this time (for example, if your complaint requires more detailed investigation), we will tell you what is being done and when you can expect a full response.
We will acknowledge where things could have been done better, and tell you what will be done to avoid the same thing happening again. Equally, if we do not uphold your complaint, we will let you know why. Our response to you will include details of what to do if you believe your complaint has not been dealt with properly. You should start by contacting us again and asking for your complaint to be passed on to a more senior member of staff.
Commitment to the community
We at V12 Sports and Classics will do our best to make sure the postings on our page are in line with brand's mission.
We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are:
- Abusive, defamatory or obscene
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading
- In violation of another's intellectual property right
- In violation of any law or regulation
- Otherwise offensive
The above statement is linked to our Facebook fan page (within a tab).
If you have any questions or comments about V12 Sports and Classics Ltd Complaints Procedure,
Please contact us in writing at;
V12 Sports and Classics Ltd
Unit 23 Harrow Brook Road,
Harrow Brook Industrial Estate,
Modern Slavery Statement
Click Here To View